How Speak2Go works
Speak2Go stores, processes and maintains your utterances, recorded speech and other usage data related to your account in order to provide the service to you.
Anonymous copies of recorded information, with no personally identifiable information, will be retained in our systems to further our research and to meet our reporting and auditing requirements.
When you share information with us, for example by completing an exercise, we can use this information to make the Service even better. As you use our Service, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to SPEAK2GO so whether you are new to the Service or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic details like which language you speak to more complex things like which courses you find most helpful.
We collect information in the following ways:
- The information you give us. We ask for limited personal information including your name and email address that allows you to log into the Service securely. We do not directly process or store credit card details. We collect information from your audio input, utterances and a log of which parts of the Service you have used, all of which are retained anonymously to advance our research and improve the Service for you.
- Log information
When you use our Service, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your class preferences.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to SPEAK2GO when you install or uninstall the Service or when the Service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you log in to the Service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising other services that may appear on other sites. We may utilize and analytics tool to analyze the traffic to the website.
Information we collect when you are signed in to the Service, may be associated with your Account.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect SPEAK2GO and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored services – like giving you more relevant classes.
We may use the name you provide for your Profile across all of the services we offer. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your account so that you are represented consistently across all our services.
We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your account.
When you contact SPEAK2GO, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that some of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of SPEAK2GO unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SPEAK2GO when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With domain administrators
If your account is managed for you by a domain administrator, then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- Change your account password.
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SPEAK2GO if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SPEAK2GO, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information with our research partners. For example, we may share information to promote research into developing our technology.
About Software in our Services
When a Service requires or includes downloadable software, this software may update automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available. Some Services may let you adjust your automatic update settings.
We work hard to protect SPEAK2GO and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to SPEAK2GO employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities